R3C - Interdepartmental Center Responsible Risk Resilience Centre
R3C is the first Italian research centre with specific tasks to promote adapting and resilient strategies to address natural an humanʼs related risks ensuring the good safety of territorial and cultural heritage.
R3C aims at studying environmental and socio-economic vulnerabilities of territorial systems offering resilient models and solutions to support institutions and local communities to address the challenges posed by the ongoing global transition adequately.
R3C experiments an interdisciplinary research methodology to design resilient territorial and building systems. As already implemented by Polito, the target of R3C is to achieve the Goal 11 “Sustainable Cities and Communities” and the Goal 13 “Climate Action” of the 2030 United Nations Agenda with the aim of accomplishing the institutions towards new territorial governance models.
R3C supports institutions in the challenging of resilience during the current climate change process to strengthen the capacity of territorial and building systems to face natural and humanʼs related risks adapting to changes following an evolutionary and innovative approach.
AN INTERDISCIPLINARY GROUP: 4 DEPARTEMENTS, 40 RESEARCHERS
From spatial planning and social studies to engineering
- DIST, Interuniversity Department of Regional and Urban Studies and Planning
- DISEG, Department of Structural, Geotechnical and Building Engineering
- DISAT, Department of Applied Science and Technology
- DISMA, Department of Mathematical Sciences “Giuseppe Luigi Lagrange”
- Grazia BRUNETTA, DIST, Scientific Coordinator
- Rosario CERAVOLO, DISEG, Vice-Scientific Coordinator
- CARLO CALDERA, DISEG
- ELENA DE ANGELIS, DISMA
- MICAELA DEMICHELA, DISAT
- ANGIOLETTA VOGHERA, DIST
- CARLO ALBERTO BARBIERI, DIST
- GIORGIO GARZINO, DISEG
- STEFANO SALATA, DIST
- OMBRETTA CALDARICE, DIST
- GIULIA DE LUCIA, DISEG-DIST
- ELEONORA PILONE, DISAT
- CARLOTTA QUAGLIOLO, DIST
- BENEDETTA GIUDICE, DIST
|Phone||+39 011 090 7475|
|Fax||+39 011 090 7459|