Professore Associato (L.240)
+39 0110907442 / 7442 (DIST)
Giancarlo Cotella is Associate Professor of spatial planning at Politecnico di Torino. His research focuses on the comparative analysis of of territorial governance and spatial planning systems in Europe and beyond and on the mutual influence between European Union territorial governance and domestic territorial governance and spatial planning.
More in particular, in his research he explored the evolution and impact of the EU cohesion policy and related programmes and initiatives on the Member States' cities and regions. He conducted research on spatial development trends and evidence based policy-making since 2005, with a particular attention for the indentification and transferability of good practices.
Through time, he has been teaching and researching in numerous universities in Europe and beyond, and has published widely in the international scientific literature, with over 100 articles and book chapters.
He coordinated and/or participated in several international research projects, among which it is worth mentioning a number of pan-European researches conducted within the framework of the European Territorial Observatory Network ESPON:
- METRO - The role and future perspectives of Cohesion Policy in the planning of Metropolitan Areas and Cities (https://www.espon.eu/metro);
- SUPER - Sustainable Urbanization and land-use Practices in European Regions (https://www.espon.eu/super);
- COMPASS - Comparative Analysis of Territorial Governance and Spatial Planning Systems in Europe (https://www.espon.eu/planning-systems);
- ReSSI - Regional Strategies for Sustainable and Inclusive Territorial Developmen (https://www.espon.eu/ressi);
- URRUC - Urban-rural connections in non-metropolitan areas (https://www.espon.eu/URRUC);
- TANGO - Territorial Approaches for New Governance (https://www.espon.eu/programme/projects/espon-2013/applied-research/tango-territorial-approaches-new-governance);
- SMART-IST - Smart Institutions for Territorial Development (https://www.espon.eu/programme/projects/espon-2013/targeted-analyses/smart-ist-smart-institutions-territorial-development);
- FOCI - Future Orientation for Cities (https://www.espon.eu/programme/projects/espon-2013/applied-research/foci-future-orientation-cities);
- 2.3.1 - Apllications and Effects of the ESDP in the Member States (https://www.espon.eu/programme/projects/espon-2006/policy-impact-projects/application-and-effects-esdp-member-states);
- 2.3.2 - Governance of Territorial and Urban Policies (https://www.espon.eu/programme/projects/espon-2006/policy-impact-projects/governance-territorial-and-urban-policies).
|Settore scientifico discliplinare||ICAR/20 - TECNICA E PIANIFICAZIONE URBANISTICA
(Area 0008 - Ingegneria civile e Architettura)
File del curriculum (496 KB)
Scopus Author ID: 17343421200
WoS ResearcherID: B-1403-2009
Google Scholar ID: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=2XAxzfMAAAAJ&hl=en
ResearchGate ID: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Giancarlo_Cotella
|Linee di ricerca||
Analisi comparative dei sistemi di governo del territorio e pianificazione spaziale
Settori ERCSH2_10 - LAND USE AND REGIONAL PLANNING SH2_8 - ENERGY, TRANSPORTATION AND MOBILITY SH2_9 - URBAN, REGIONAL AND RURAL STUDIES SH2_5 - INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, GLOBAL AND TRANSNATIONAL GOVERNANCE
SDGGOAL 10: REDUCING INEQUALITIES GOAL 7: AFFORDABLE AND CLEAN ENERGY GOAL 11: SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Parole chiave libereTerritorial governance Governo del territorio European territorial cooperation Spatial planning Spatial planning systems Politica di coesione Energy transition Coesione territoriale Europeanization European territorial governance Governance territoriale Regional development Pianificazione spaziale Sustainable cities
|Responsabilità scientifiche e altri incarichi||
Premi e riconoscimenti
Altri incarichi di ricerca o didattica esterni