Member of Interdepartmental Center (R3C - Responsible Risk Resilience Centre)
Referente Corsi di Studio (Laurea Magistrale (Master of science-level) in TERRITORIAL, URBAN, ENVIRONMENTAL AND LANDSCAPE PLANNING)
+39 0110907477 / 7477 (DIST)
+39 0110907488 / 7488 (DIST)
Full Professor of Urban and Regional Planning, Interuniversity Department of Urban and Regional Studies and Planning (DIST), Politecnico of Torino.
She is graduated in Architecture at Politecnico di Torino (2000), Ph.D. in Spatial Planning and Local Development (2004). She has been working as a stable staff at DIST from 2007, after the research fellow (2004-2007), becoming Full Professor in 2019. . She is the Coordinator of Master of science-level in Territorial, Urban, Environmental And Landscape Planning since 2021 and Vice-coordinator of the 2nd level Master in Methods and techniques for the governance of resilient territories. Towards integrated risk management since 2021.
Her main research activities are in the field of Regional and Landscape and Protected Areas Planning, and Urban Design with reference to European contexts. The focus is on analysis, evaluation, planning and design of sensitive environments, such as natural and landscape protected areas, fluvial and rural landscapes. On these topics she is the author of over 230 publications in books, national and international magazines.
In the last 10 years, she collaborated and coordinated many research projects within institutional agencies (IUCN; ICROM, ICCROM; Europarc; Iranian Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Handicrafts Organisation; ISPRA; Federparchi; MIBACT/Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Tourism; Piedmont Region; Province of Turin; Metropolitan City of Turin; INU; municipalities) and she also coordinated others financed by European FP7 and Horizon 2020.
SHE IS INVOLVED IN THE FOLLOWING MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES OF TERRITORIAL INSTITUTIONS:
- Member of the Council of the Fondazione per l’Architettura dell’Ordine degli Architetti, pianificatori, paesaggisti e conservatori di Torino (2019-2021).
- Administration Council of the Parchi Reali Regional Park (from 2016).
- Elective Council of Architect, Planners, Landscape Architects and Heritage Conservation of the Turin Province (2013-2017; 2017-2021).
SHE IS INVOLVED IN THE FOLLOWING ACADEMY MEMBERSHIPS:
- Advisory Board BIENNALE ARCHITETTURA 2021 – Italian Pavillon
-Member of Scientific expert of the Premio Paesaggio/Landscape Award of the Council of Europe (2020)
- Member of the national-level IUCN Expert Assessment group for the Green List (EAGL) for Italy (from
- Member of the IUCN World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA) (from 2018).
- Scientific Board of the Responsible Risk Resilience Centre, Politecnico di Torino (from 2018).
- Member of the Knowledge Transfer Laboratory – LAB TT of the Politecnico di Torino (since 2014).
- Visiting Scholar at the EPFL de Lausanne (February, June and July 2014).
- Member of the REsilienceLAB (Politecnico di Milano) (since 2013).
- Member of the Scientific Commitee of the Interdepartmental Laboratory S3+LAB: Urban Sustainability & Security for Societal Challenges (since 2013).
- Member of the Board of the PHD Course in URBAN AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT (since 2014) and in Environment and Territory (Spatial Planning and Local Development), Ph.D. School, Politecnico of Torino (2008-2013).
- Member of CED PPN - European Documentation Centre on Nature Park Planning (Member of IUCN -
International Union for Conservation of Nature), Politecnico of Torino (since 2001).
SHE HAS THE FOLLOWING RESEARCH RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 2021, ESPON, Territorial indicators based on big data (international advisory board member).
- Scientific expert of the MIBACT for the session “Planning and Urban space” within the Guidelines for Architectural Quality (2019).
- Scientific coordinator of the National Commission on Landscape and Biodiversity of the National Institute of Urban Planning (INU) (since 2016).
- Scientific Coordinator of the National Commission on Environment and Landscape of the National Institute of Urban Planning (INU) (since 2014-2016).
- Invited member of Resurbe Recnet (since 2015).
|Scientific branch||ICAR/21 - URBANISTICA
(Area 0008 - Ingegneria civile e Architettura)
|Curriculum||Curriculum file (98 KB)
|Skills and keywords||
ERC sectorsSH2_10 - Land use and regional planning
SDGGoal 13: Climate action Goal 15: Life on land Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
KeywordsBig data and planning Cultural ecosystem services Ecological network Landscape planning and design Natural park planning Protected areas Regional planning Urban design Urban planning
|Scientific responsibilities and other assignments||
Awards and Honors
Other research or teaching roles outside Politecnico